Thursday, July 26, 2007

Technorati....

Just a note to let everyone know what is up with Technorati and to let you know that it is not a reliable way to see my new posts.

For the past three days, I am unable to ping.

For the past four weeks, my authority has steadily declined, even though I have 70-80 new links.

For the past three days, I am unable to login in.

As of today, I have sent three requests for help to Technical Support and have not had any response.

Since some people use it to see my new content and use the "fave" option, I will not delete the account.... but please, please, please.... do not count on it as it is entirely unreliable.

~*

My real post is below. :)

~*

5 comments:

Snoskred said...

If anyone is relying on technorati, you could do check out google reader. It is much more reliable. I'm reading about 170 feeds with it myself..

Snoskred said...

Now technorati have lost all my favourites. I have over 200 on there. It's clearly an issue on their end. :(

I wish Google would buy them.. they'd be so much more reliable.

Oh, and now my favourites are back! I have 233. ;)

Snoskred
http://www.snoskred.org/

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing a lot of posts from bloggers becoming disillusioned with Technorati.

LittlePea said...

I didn't even know what Technorati was....

Liv said...

Totally. Google reader. I smile to know that you're eyeing your authority. Lay the smack down, sister.

BTW, I got an email from them saying that the San Francisco black out had affected their service, and that they were working hard to get back up to standard. I had similar issues.