Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Fluff

~*

Given yesterday's topic, a little bit of fluff seemed appropriate for today. Additionally, I have to go to one of "the system" offices to apply for something. That in itself will render my brain non-functional for the rest of the day. :) This is only one step above talking about Apple's new something-or-other I-phone. Maybe it's even worse. At any rate, I apologize in advance. (Why is it I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that I'm going to pay big time for this one! LOL And I take back my promise to not "delete". It's already a very, very strong urge.) It is another series of questions floating around out there.

~*

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? "I wish that dog would stop yapping at my heels and let me finish brushing my *&^%ing teeth!"

2. How much cash do you have on you? Currently, nothing. As for how much is in my wallet, I guess forty dollars or so.

3. What's a word that rhymes with DOOR? Galore, store, shore, explore, implore.. enough!

4. Favorite planet? Hm. I don't have one. At this stage, given lack of other knowledge or experience, it would have to be Earth.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? I haven't a clue. I actually dislike talking on the phone so I don't have any of those extras. If the phone rings and I'm home, great. If not, catch me later on or we'll set up a time. My cell phone number is classified TS/SCI.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? Pachelbel's Canon

7. What shirt are you wearing? Brown Thai-style pullover

8. Do you label yourself? Yes. Occasionally I do that. I suppose the most accurate is still just "old hippie". I'm not sure if that is a label or a demographic. Mai pen rai.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you're currently wearing: No shoes. Ordinarily, I wear non-brand-name flip-flops, whatever's on sale at Target.

10. Bright or Dark Room? The light is on. Does that count? Otherwise, it's kind of shady in here.

11. Why is there always a missing question? Because someone didn't anticipate it.

12. What does your watch look like? No watches. Can't stand them. They represent a nightmare scene out of "Babbit".

13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Listening to "Coast to Coast" on the radio.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say? "44.63 has been withdrawn from your account" for my monthly bill.

15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Arden Way at Fulton

16. What's a word that you say a lot? "Drat!" No, I'm not kidding. I have an entire repertoire of "kiddie words" to say when exasperated. Doggone it! Rats! :)

17. Who told you he/she loved you last? Private

18. Last furry thing you touched? My dog. I'm not telling about that thing wrapped in tin foil in my refrigerator.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Blood pressure meds, anti-depressants, vitamins ~ just the usual chemical soup.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? Fortunately, none. I use a digital camera on the rare occasion that I want to take a picture of something.

21. Favorite age you have been so far? Oh, I suppose my 40s were about the best. Too young for mortality issues and too old to give a damn.

22. Your worst enemy? I don't have enemies to the best of my knowledge.

23. What is your current desktop picture? A Khon Kaen sunset

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? One of my housemates and I discussed home decorating but I don't recall what either of us said specifically.

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, what would it be? Um, I think I'd take the million... Flying is highly overrated and unnecessary. A million dollars however would get me to Thailand where I would be able to live out the rest of my life quite comfortably. With that kind of buckage, I'd be able to take someone with me.

26. Do you like someone? Sure. I like many people but the context in which this question is asked I believe is more specific. The answer would be "Hm. Someone has my attention."

27. The last song you listened to? "Nights In White Satin" from the Moody Blues Live At Red Rocks CD ~ One of my favorite songs for more than half of my life. It is probably the best "break up" song ever written. It's embarrassing to remember how many wine-sodden evenings I spent listening to it ~ and how it can now, 35 years later, still make me weepy.

28. What time of day were you born? late morning. Another of my unforgiveable sins. My mother missed lunch. :)

29. What's your favorite number? 7

30. Where did you live in 1987? Soquel

31. Are you jealous of anyone? Jealous? No. Not really. Envious perhaps. I tend to be envious of people who are obviously much smarter than me. I can't choose my IQ. Most anything else is pretty much within the range of choice.

32. Is anyone jealous of you? Only if they're not very bright.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? In bed watching CNN.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Depends on how badly I want the item. I've been known to put money in again. Usually, I just cuss a little and walk away.

35. Do you consider yourself kind? Yes. Too kind in some ways. I get in trouble because I am too thin-skinned and naive.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? I've thought about that, not that I ever *have* to get another one... but I believe it would be on my ankle, after weight loss.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Thai

38. Would you move for the person you loved? Absolutely.

39. Are you touchy-feely? In a way, yes. In a way, no. I am not particularly effusive or openly affectionate ~ but I do like to touch people if it is okay with them. I am not a "hugger" though. I'm more "a touch on the arm" type... I never shake hands but I have been known to take someone's hand in both of my hands.

40. What's your life motto? "If you choose wrong, choose again."

41. Name three things you have on you at all times: skin, eyeballs, fingers. I'm thinking "shower" here.

42. What's your favorite town/city? Khon Kaen, Thailand

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Chinese take-out a few hours ago

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Oh, heck. I truly do not remember. I had to send something to the IRS. Does that count? :)

45. Can you change the oil on a car? No. I would end up putting it in the brake fluid receptacle. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to things like that.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? LOL ~ That was 40 years ago! The last I know, he'd gone into the Army at his parents' insistence to break up our relationship. We communicated covertly for a while and eventually we both drifted away from each other. Teenage love doesn't survive absence very well.

47. How far back do you know your ancestry? 1700s or so. No British royalty or anything exciting.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? Too long ago to remember now. Some time last summer. Style was, of course, full-tilt Thai. I'm not really a "dress up" kind of gal though.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? Not significantly. I am arthritic so there is low level pain in some of my joints fairly often.

50. Have you ever been burned by love? Oh, yes. But I got over it. I don't believe there are very many people who pick the right person the first time. We've all been there.

51. Do you have a crush on any bloggers? No. I admire several but can't say I have a "crush" on any of them. I'm too old and a bit too cynical for "crushes". In most cases, I might admire someone's intellect.. or creativity.. or something else but that's as far as it goes.

52. Where would you like to live? Um. What's the name of this blog again? LOL

Good set of questions... feel free to snarf it and do it yourself if you'd
like...



Peace,


~Chani

8 comments:

Pam said...

If we comment, will you delete?
LOL

Bob said...

so.... you know about TS/SCI? mine was that high, with several other letters attached. that was another life, a long time ago - another world.

thailandchani said...

Pam, I'm doin' my best here. Hanging on. Not deleting!~ Geez, I feel like I should get a one-day chip at the end of the meeting. LOL

~*

Bob, one of the more shameful aspects of my past is that I once dated a former CIA officer, an analyst. I'm familiar with all the alphabet soup. (shuddering with the creeps)

~
Peace, you two. The third one.. well... (laugh)


~Chani

QT said...

OK - answer to the three things you have on you right now? Vintage Chani responses! I love it!

meno said...

So is that little dog growing an antenna from his ear?

Zounds! Another clean word to express amazement with.

Anonymous said...

I liked item 18, and was tempted to reply.... would have been probably indecorous....
Thanks for visiting my blog.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I always enjoy such insights into someone I admire. (But I don't have a crush on you, either.)

Geek Goddess said...

Hiya, hope you dont mind, I helped myself to this.. Really enjoyed some of your entries, ill be back for more! (Hopefully to read and not just loot)