Saturday, February 10, 2007

Melting Inches, Losing Fat - Even the fat in my head....

My body is continuing to morph into something longer and a bit leaner ~ but definitely rounded. A few pounds are gone.

I attribute that mainly to exercise. The 30-minutes a day, no matter what, does work! Seriously, I can't recommend it enough.

Older bodies take more time ~ and I'm okay with that. For some reason, I've managed to come to peace with the fact that I will not be orchestrating this to the nth degree and there is no amount of plotting and planning that will make the river flow any faster than it will. While I knew that from the beginning, the fat in my head led me down the wrong road for a time, believing that I could will my body into doing something it is not ready to do.

It's an overall lesson I need to learn occasionally, to remember that attaching to the outcomes of things will usually lead me to frustration and irritation, eventually sabotaging everything I am wanting to see happen. We can get to a point where everything is about goal instead of process.

Bad move.

I look forward to visiting everyone's site this weekend, just to see how you're doing and pluck the wisdom where I can.


Peace,


~Chani

8 comments:

dmmgmfm said...

Very good points, Chani. I'm so glad it is working for you!

I have sabotaged myself many times. I tend to be very goal oriented; forgetting that the process is what gets me there.

Thanks for reminding me of that.

Anvilcloud said...

I'm being good these days but not really dieting if that makes sense. We're eating good food and showing a fair bit of moderation and restraint and also moving the bod fairly often.

Anonymous said...

Have a goog week and keep up the good work. As you said it's all about the journey. You are not losing weight, you are gaining a renewed sense of what it means to inhabit that body of yours. Bravo! I am cheering you on every step of the way...

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Longer and leaner -- it doesn't get any better than that.

The stubborn fat in our heads is always the hardest to lose.

meno said...

Good for you Chani. Much as we both would like to, you can't think your way thinner, you have to move. Keep it up.

LittlePea said...

I used to hate excersize. Until I got sick and wasn't allowed. I miss jogging and biking and swimming-I'm counting the days until I'm officially ok to get moving again. You got the right idea- a half hour a day is really all one needs.

Hel said...

Thank you for letting me know about your November post on mental illness. Reading it filled me with so much admiration for your courage, resilience and your light sense of humour. I will return to read more and catch up on what I have missed.

Peace be with you

Girlplustwo said...

it's working. it's a journey, and you are welcoming the process.

i bet you look hot. (in the melting inches sort of tradition)